Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Lighter Wallet


Welcome back, friends! 

Thanks for checking out Graceland Ontario, your one stop location for success tips and other useful stuff. Today, we're going to talk about dealing with things you have no control over.

Up here in Canada the penny ceased being given as change this Monday. And, you know, I understand the official reasons why: it costs too darn much.

But that doesn’t make me feel any happier. Maybe growing up with it and being sentimental about small things make me think it was the wrong decision.

But, this is one of those cases when the problem lies outside of my circle of influence (in my circle of unfluence) − unless I attempt getting into politics and fighting the penny back into Canadian money, there’s nothing I can do.

Painful though it is to write that.

A lot of people focus on things like this that pop up in the news − incidents they don’t approve of, maybe even impact them directly. But they don’t have a way of fighting back or creating any action to change it.

Sure, I could write a petition, I could stand outside Parliament Hill (where our Federal Government’s housed), but I’ve got things I want to do with my life that take priority. Though I think it would be a cool initiative, I have priorities that prevent me from being “The Man Who Saved the Penny”.

But what do others do? They still complain, they still whine. For me? I immediately start ignoring problems I can’t help. I mean, why worry about what you can’t change?

With fights that you can take up the banner and help − things in your own life, goals you want to achieve − go get ‘em!

But, if there’s really nothing you can do (or nothing you can do without losing focus and hurting your vision), why hurt yourself worrying? It certainly won’t improve the situation and it might even take productivity away from stuff you should be achieving.

Talk to you later!

Alex H.

If you like this post, you might also like these other Graceland Ontario updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment